At Kellett, we offer students a broad curriculum, based on the English national curriculum and reflective of our international setting. Our curriculum prepares our students for GCSE and IGCSE examinations, which are taken in Year 11. We are proud to be one of the few schools in Hong Kong offering the prestigious A-level programme in Years 12 and 13, which are recognised worldwide as excellent pre-university qualifications.
Languages are part of the cultural richness of our society and the world in which we live and work.
- Our language programme begins in Year 7 with every student studying two languages Mandarin, French or Spanish.
- In Year 8 students can choose to stop studying one language and take up Coding instead.
- In Year 9 students can switch one language to Latin.
- All students entering Year 7 are also timetabled to study the following:
- Design & Technology
- Computer Science.
We place significant emphasis on the importance of developing the whole student. Our strong academic curriculum is supported by a rigorous Global Citizenship programme, which equips all of our students with the knowledge and skills to become confident and significant members of the global community. Through Kellett’s Positively Kellett initiative, all year groups also study a Positive Education curriculum.
In Years 10 and 11, students are prepared for IGCSEs in the following subjects:
- English Language
- English Literature
- Maths (with Further Maths also available for some)
Students then select three further subjects from an additional language, History, Geography, Business Studies, Economics, Media Studies, Art, Design Technology, Drama or Computer Science.
You can download a copy of our curriculum map below.
For a more detailed break down of our curriculum by subjects, please click the links below: